Monday 23 August 2010

R for...

So... it was only when I logged in to look at something on here that I noticed it has been almost 2 months since I last blogged... TWO MONTHS.  I thought that it was time to put something new up, and what better week than this week to start blogging again, for this week is my last week at my current job before I start interning.  I am terrified and exhilarated all in (mostly) equal measure.

Anyway, there will be more about my interning later on... but for now I wanted to do a quick post about a beeeeautiful new bit of jewellery I got recently.  If you scroll down the page a bit you'll see I did a post a while back about the amazing London-based jewellers ECOne.  Well that blog post actually won me a competition with them and THIS was my prize...



If you can excuse the terrible iphone photography, you can see my beautiful initial necklace (wrapped around my lucky buddha).  The necklace is made by ECOne's in-house team and the photo doesn't do justice to the lovely intricate flowery pattern that is embossed onto the front of the R.  I chose to have the green tourmaline and the pearls added to it, and I wasn't sure how it would look when I asked for it but they actually look great against the gold.  Again, the very amateur photography doesn't show it but the gold is really bright and it stands out amazingly well against a lot of my clothes.

I currently wear this by itself most of the time but I want to get some longer chains to tangle it up with a bit.  I haven't been shopping in so long and I need to go before my internships start so I'll have to keep an eye out for some good jewellery to go with this.

For now though I'm off.  I'm about to start a second blog (yet to be named) that is going to act as my online diary whilst I'm interning.  So if you want to know what goes on in the life of a fashion intern, check back for the details.

Until then,

Becky xx