Monday 26 April 2010

Long time... and object of lust.

Wow... it has been a really long time since I've blogged... its not through lack of things to talk about, but just a lack of time to actually get them down on here... a lot has been going on in the past couple of months.  Anyway, hopefully I will now have some more time to put more into this, and hopefully there are also some adventures coming my way that will give me a lot to talk about!  More about that though as it happens... 

So tonight I thought I would write quickly about my object of lust... a pretty tough choice given I'm like a magpie and get distracted by pretty shiny things very quickly.  However, I have to say that THESE make me feel a little bit weak at the knees:



Aren't they just BEAUTIFUL?  The cat print is just adorable.  I never thought I would wear clogs again after the last time when I was about 6 (they were white patent, and I loved them) but some of the ones that are out this season are incredible (see also: Chanel).  It's the big chunky wooden heels that do it for me.  I'm not a massive fan of stiletto heels, for one they are ludicrously uncomfortable, and I also just don't find them as visually exciting (save for Christian Louboutin - the man can do no wrong).  I always tend to go for more chunky footwear, I think it offsets pretty dresses really well.  This does tend to find me in bit of a situation at times though, sometimes chunky footwear just stands out a little too much and doesn't exactly match the occasion... maybe I need to invest in some more delicate shoes.  Hmmmm... a reason to go shoe shopping?  Never a bad thing. 

Interesting how this post has gone from me lusting over these rather heavy clogs to looking for stilettos.  I know in my heart though it just won't happen... I'd be won over by these any day.  Sadly though, I know that no matter how much I adore these, the likelihood of me having them is slim... they're sold out all over the place and, more importantly I suppose, my budget doesn't exactly allow it.  Sigh... There are some really good high street clogs out there though (but without the cat print), Topshop do a particularly good pair.

Right... time to go and grapple with this Twitter malarky.  I've avoided it for a long time but I decided it would be a good idea as I can post shorter bits and pieces when I don't have the time to do longer posts. 

More blogging soon.